In an Abstract Reasoning test you can expect the followings:
- Rotations: (anti) clock-wise at a specific angle (e.g. 45, 90, 180, 270 or 360 degrees);
- Axial reflections: “mirror” reflection horizontally or vertically;
- Inversions: “negative” effect, black becomes white and vice-versa;
- Translations: figurine is shifted in a specific direction (right, left, up, down, diagonally);
- Visual arithmetic: mathematical relations (e.g. counting the number of black/white figurines, the number of lines, angles, intersections);
- Transformations: changing size or shape (e.g. increase or decrease in size, changing number of lines);
- Superposition: overlapping figurines form a new figurine, or one shape neutralizes the other (e.g. black eliminates white);
- Sequence with instructions: arrows or numbers indicate a particular logic that applies to one or more techniques.
Don’t forget that you can practice all these on your Iphone/Ipad 😉 Success!!!